Rate this book

More Than One Night (2012)

by Sarah Mayberry(Favorite Author)
3.73 of 5 Votes: 5
0373717652 (ISBN13: 9780373717651)
review 1: 3.5 stars - I actually read this in one night but I'm recording it as the next day because when I finished it was 2.30 a.m. and I was sitting in the dark waiting for my phone to charge enough that it wouldn't die when I needed the alarm in the morning and also I was tearing up badly for no reason. it's cool! i'm fine. i'm cool.liked this a whole lot. I wish it'd been better developed - the last chapter being 2-3 times the length of the average chapter in the book is a little bit of a warning sign that the relationship itself wouldn't be given as much screentime as I'd wanted it to have, and ultimately it felt a little too fast for me to give it the solid 4 I would've given it the moment I'd finished it. but there were little things about the 'ship that I loved, especially ... morebecause I could see how those little things could develop into things that would make them really, really happy in the future, and that made me really pleased: the knowledge that even when we're not getting as much time with the 'ship as I would've wanted, Mayberry's paving out and laying a foundation for a 'ship that will definitely, definitely last. Finally - the name Rhys, the description of having darker skin, and the fact that I'd seen a bunch of Riz Ahmed photos made me picture Riz Ahmed as the dude lead pretty much the whole time, and it was very beautiful. I highly recommend it.
review 2: Two very strong lead characters. Few secondary characters except for Gina, Charlie's best friend. Both Rhys and Charlie move in some kinda of universe all of their own and it works because it kinda mimics the situation they find themselves in. What to do with an unexpected pregnancy after one night of passion when you took every precaution and were a responsible adult. This is more Charlie's journey from alone only counting on herself to walking side by side with someone and trusting him to be there. Both Charlie and Rhys have issues with family, with how to dealt with The Bean as Charlie has nicknamed the baby growing inside her. It's a bit claustophobic in a way because the story entire focus is on both of them 90% of the time. The other 10% is focused on either one or the other. Sarah Mayberry writes good contemporary love stories, that usually do not fit the usual mold and she tackles issues, sometimes hard issues in her 'romance' novel. This one is no exception. What do you do when you are faced with a huge change in your life? Especially if you made sure you were responsible and adult. How does your own upbringing influences how you deal with it? Not my favourite of hers but well worth reading and it does turn the surprise baby cliché for an unexpected spin. less
Reviews (see all)
Loved this book, really felt a connection to Charlie.
A winner by Sarah.
3.5 stars.
Write review
Review will shown on site after approval.
(Review will shown on site after approval)